During winter season on Wednesday and Saturday afternoons games to start at 12.30 pm. Registration compulsory by 12 noon. Two games, one of 11 and the second of 10 ends played. Open gender triples. Cash prizes given, including a game day jackpot. Afternoon tea between games. Green fees $6 with option to buy a pie for $2.50. Drinks available at the bar.
Contact Bob Basedow for more info on 0449 606 001.
Friday Bowls available all year, weather permitting, green fees $3 with morning/afternoon tea included. Chocolate bar for the best rink. Starting time varies with the seasons.
From Friday 8th April 2021 start times will be 10.30 am registration for 11.00 am game start.
Contact Nadene on 8264 0016 for more information.
Played Tuesday and Thursday nights October to March, with a break over Christmas. Open gender with one pennant player permitted playing lead or second position. Dress code casual but approved bowls shoes must be worn. Finals against other clubs played at end of season. Bar is always open and opportunities to win cash for best scoring rink and other prizes on the “chocolate wheel”. Fun social night.
Registration nights for 2020 are Tuesday 6th October and Thursday 8th October 2020. Competition starts the following week.
Fees are unchanged from last season:
- Registration $35
- Green fees $5 per player per week
- No green fees for registration night.
Encourage your friends and relatives to join in the fun. We had close to 50 teams last season and hope to improve on that this year. Competition is friendly with the emphasis on having fun. It is fair to say that it is not too serious for most bowlers but the competitive spirit is alive and kicking.
Due to Covid-19 the club has introduced health and safety initiatives for this season.
- Entry will only be available by the main entrance door.
- Exit from the clubrooms will only be available by the centre door
- Hand sanitisation is required whenever you enter or exit the clubrooms
- The BBQ will be available again this year and the bar will be open. Eating and drinking may only be undertaken while seated.
- Loan bowls will be available but must be sanitised before and after use.
- Mats and kitties must be cleaned at the end of the evening
We hope to see you all again this season.
Indoor Bowls for Women, Men and Mixed April to August.
Lawn Bowls for Women, Men and Open Gender October to March. See Selection
Taylors Bowls Super Challenge
Played on Sunday evenings in November to March, final in April, at various clubs. Gold, Silver and Bronze sections. Contact Men’s Secretary Dean on 0434 918 321 for more information.
After-School Lawn Bowls Competition
Students aged 8 and over are invited to Hope Valley Bowling Clubs after-school lawn bowling competition. The competition will be held on Tuesday afternoons (4-5:30 pm) and run through the summer months finishing at the end of March, which will allow those students involved in winter sport to not be inconvenienced. Entry is Free.
Please contact Jamie Jarman on 0410 903 401 for further information and registration.
Club cleaning is done throughout the year by volunteer club members (working in teams of 5) on Sunday mornings, commencing at 8 am.
A roster is published twice a year with copies displayed in both the ladies and men’s toilets and on our website.
Events are organised by the Social Committee.
Secretary – Jane Oswald 0412 955 102
- Teas every Friday night except Easter and between Christmas and New Year.
- Annual Volunteers Appreciation Night in September
- Annual Quiz Night in September
- Christmas Dinner and entertainment in December
- End of Season Presentation Night
Club championships are held every year in both Men’s and Women’s sections organised by the Tournament Directors of each.