CORONA VIRUS (COVID-19)
As we all know we are facing very challenging times, and as has been said by all the authorities, it is important to keep in contact with each other, with family and friends to avoid the feeling of isolation and despair.
This message is to keep members up to date with what is happening within the Club.
- The Tea Tree Gully Council have approved the installation of a new automatic sliding door. This will happen in the very near future and is something we can look forward to when we return to playing bowls.
- Maintenance is able to continue which will include replacing the worn door seals on a couple of our fridges and repairs to the water heater.
- Our greens are being well maintained with Mick currently working Monday & Friday and taking annual leave for the remainder of the week.
- Food in the 4 freezers have been consolidated into 2 freezers, with the fridge & freezer in the BBQ shed and the new freezer in the pantry being cleaned and turned off to reduce unnecessary costs. No food bought for Friday night dinners has been discarded.
Annual General Meetings:
- We have been advised by Bowls SA & Clubs SA, that Consumer & Business Services have approved the postponement of any AGM for up to 6 months without penalty. We had a choice of holding our AGMs either online or via teleconference within the time-frame as dictated by our Constitution or postponing for up to 6 months with a “face to face” meeting, which we believe would be the preferred option of our members.
Prime Minister’s Stimulus Package for Sporting Organisations:
- We are constantly receiving emails with regard to stimulus packages that may be available. Jim Terrington is keeping on top of all the information provided and will apply for all funding possible, including the wages paid to our greenkeeper.
- In line with advice received, we will continue to monitor our security cameras to keep our premises secure.
We will continue to keep members up to date with all the relevant information via our Website and Facebook page.
In the meantime, please stay safe and well, and keep in touch with family, friends and neighbours.
Best wishes to you all.
Nola Manuel & Ros Blakeney
On behalf of the Board of Management