GREENS OPEN: TUE – SAT, STARTING WED, 6TH MAY
SESSION TIMES: 10AM, 12 NOON & 2PM FOR 1 HOUR EACH
BOOKINGS MANDATORY: PHONE NOLA 0408 131 645
Bowls SA have advised that under strict guidelines, bowling club greens may be open to Club Members for restricted use. The BoM have therefore agreed to allow limited access for our members providing all guidelines as set by both the State Government and Bowls SA are strictly adhered to. Our absolute priority is for the safety and well-being of our members.
The guidelines as stated by Bowls SA for members using the greens include the following:
- Mandatory bookings are essential as a Register of Attendees is to be kept in case a communicable illness was to occur.
- There must be one empty rink space between each rink in use.
- A maximum of 10 persons are allowed at the venue at any one time. A booking system will be in place to facilitate this.
- All players are to use separate mats and jacks (or ensure that the same player on each rink places mats or places/rolls jacks, (eg if pairs are being played, one lead only to roll jack, and similarly, one skip only to pick up mat).
- Disinfectant spray will be available, and all mats/jacks must be thoroughly cleaned by players between each session.
- Hand sanitiser will be available for each rink in use.
- Players must practice safe hygiene at all times, including washing hands for at least 20 seconds before and after bowls.
- Players must leave the premises immediately after the conclusion of play and cleaning of mats/jacks. This is to ensure there are no more than 10 persons at the Club at any one time.
- Bowls can include individual practice and/or roll up, singles or pairs.
- Up to four players may play together and the 1.5m physical distancing rule must be observed at all times, in line with the social gathering and distancing legislation/restrictions
- The Clubroom will remain closed and Clubroom facilities are not available. Toilet facilities will be available in the greenkeeper’s shed if necessary.
- Barefoot bowls are not permitted.
- Club bowls will not be loaned to any player.
Bowls SA have advised that “People at a higher risk of severe illness (those aged over 70 and/or those with chronic medical conditions or compromised immune systems) are encouraged to remain at home whenever possible”. As the majority of our members are in this age group, we would encourage members to be mindful of this when deciding whether or not to participate.
We hope the current restrictions will soon be eased allowing members to return to playing bowls and enjoy the social aspect of the Club environment. In the meantime, the BoM will continue to update our Website and Facebook page with all new relevant information.
We sincerely thank all members for their patience and understanding during this very difficult time.
Best wishes to you all and keep well.
On behalf of the Board of Management
4th May 2020